About ”Bangladesh Bank”
Bangladesh Bank acts as the Central Bank of Bangladesh which was established on December 16, 1971 through the enactment of Bangladesh Bank Order 1972- President’s Order No. 127 of 1972 (Amended in 2003). The general superintendence and direction of the affairs and business of BB have been entrusted to a 9 members' Board of Directors which is headed by the Governor who is the Chief Executive Officer of this institution as well. BB has 45 departments and 10 branch offices. In Strategic Plan (2010-2014), the vision of BB has been stated as, “To develop continually as a forward looking central bank with competent and committed professionals of high ethical standards, conducting monetary management and financial sector supervision to maintain price stability and financial system robustness, supporting rapid broad based inclusive economic growth , employment generation and poverty eradication in Bangladesh.
The main functions of BB are :
- To formulate and implement monetary policy
- To formulate and implement intervention policies in the foreign exchange market
- To give advice to the Government on the interaction of monetary policy with fiscal and exchange rate policy, on the impact of various policy measures on the economy and to propose legislative measures it considers necessary or appropriate to attain its objectives and perform its functions
- To hold and manage the official foreign reserves of Bangladesh
- To promote, regulate and ensure a secure and efficient payment system, including the issue of bank notes
- To regulate and supervise banking companies and financial institutions.
- Well structured information
- Easy to find regulations
- Multi-lingual (EN,ES)